huge week with a ton of small fixes and improvements. extremely exciting stuff.
first, on activations: we’re floating around the cap again so, while we’re still doing daily activation batches, they’re smaller than they were previously. we’ve got some work in progress that will (hopefully) give us another boost in cohost Plus! subscriptions so we can start activating more users again.
more exciting news: starting in september, @jessfromonline will be joining the team part-time for the next few months! she’ll be focusing on bug fixes (she’s got a few in this week’s patch notes already!) so that colin and jae can focus entirely on Features and other big chunks of work. we’re thrilled to have the extra set of hands moving forward.
now, patch notes!
- changed where the post composer takes you after saving a post:
- draft? takes you to the drafts page
- everything else? takes you where you just were
- added a preview of where a manual “read more” will sit in the post composer
- changed the post editor and profile editor to warn you if you’re trying to leave without saving
- changed the behavior of the dashboard to only refresh when you ask for new posts, instead of refreshing continuously
- also fixed a bug that would alert you of Ghost Posts
- added a setting to hide the number of unread notifications in the sidebar
- you’ll just get a blank egg! further freedom from the tyranny of Numbers
- also: this is jess’s first change to the site! wow!
- changed the order of our
<head>tags to hopefully prevent the Flash of Unstyled Content common referred to as “purple cohost”